When you sign in to Windows Live SkyDrive, you're in chargeFor each folder you create, you choose who has access to it. Add new folders, rename them, or change who has access at any time.
Always where you need them
- 5 GB of free online storage, available from any computer with Internet access.
- Create personal, shared, and public folders -- you decide who has access to each folder.
- Windows Live SkyDrive works well on any Windows or Macintosh computer with Firefox 1.5 or higher, or Internet Explorer 6 or higher.
How we help protect your files
- Your personal folders are password-protected with your Windows Live ID, so only you have access.
- When you create a shared folder, the friends you're sharing with need to sign in with their own Windows Live ID and password.
- Just like at your online bank, all file transfers are protected using Secure Socket Layers (SSL).
- Use personal folders to back up important files that are only for you.
- Get to your files from any computer with Internet access by signing in with your Windows Live ID.
- Shared folders make it easy to collaborate with coworkers or classmates.
- You decide how much control each person has over each shared folder. Some can just read what's there: others can add and delete files.
- Everyone who is sharing uses their own Windows Live ID.
- With public folders, anyone on the Internet can view your files, but they can't change them.
- Want to show your public files to others? Just send them a link! Each folder and file has its own web address.