If you use Windows XP Professional then it is possible to get extra 20% out of your internet connection.How???Its simple,By default Windows XP Pro holds back 20% of your Internet speed for various services like windows update and spyware checks.
If you want to get back this bandwidth then follow these instructions:
1. Go to Start-> Run-> and type gpedit.msc
2. Go to Administrative Templates branch
3. Expand the Network tab
4. Highlight QoS Packet Scheduler
5. Click on Limit Reservable Bandwidth and check the enabled box
6. Then Change the Bandwidth limit % to 0 %
Once you have done this click apply and restart your PC. After rebooting you should see a noticeable improvement in your net speed.And as always feel free to post comments.